Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weekly Savings at Walmart - $76.34

You still have time to take advantage of some great deals that were on this weeks price match report.  This week I stocked up on Velveeta Skillet Meals, Oscar Mayer Carving Board Lunch Meats and Duracell Batteries.  I saved $49.09 Price Matching and $27.25 in coupons!  I saved $4.18 on just one package of split chicken breasts!  I also got 5 Velveeta Skillet Meals FREE!!  I price matched them at $.99 and then used the $1.00 coupon from a couple of weeks ago!

If it seems that my savings are higher than yours, it is because I stock up when items are cheap!  For example, the Oscar Mayer Carving Board Lunch Meats are normally $3.48.  I price matched them at $1.99 and then used $1.00 off coupon.  That made them $.99 ea!!  I bought 11 and put about half of them in the freezer.  So instead of paying $38.38 for 11 of them, I paid $10.89!!  This is how you create a small stockpile - or cushion as I call it - for your family!  If you have a small cushion it is much easier to catch those little curve balls that life throws at you!  Like a blown out tire, or the kids getting sick!!  I babysit kids for teachers, so in the summer months my income goes down by several hundred dollars a month!  But it was okay because I just used what I had put back and didn't stock up on things.  I only bought what I needed or things that were a steal!

I hope that you see how this Price Match Report saves me a small fortune!!  I know that when you are first starting out couponing and trying to create a stockpile for your family it can seem a little daunting.   Start slow!  Try to stock up on one item each week!  This week it may be chicken, next week it may be cereal.  Don't stock up on things that your family doesn't like!  Just because it is a steal doesn't mean that you have to get it.  It wont do you any good sitting in your cabinet for the next 6 mos!  Try making a list of  the items that are a staple for your family, things that you buy every week!  Watch the price match reports for those items to go on sale and then stock up.   Also, even if you don't have time to clip coupons try to get a paper or two a week and put the coupons back.  That way when a good deal - like the Velveeta Dinners or the lunch meat - come up you have some coupons.

I hope that even if you don't subscribe to the full Price Match Report that you will subscribe to the mini free version.   Just click on the Price Match Report tab above.  The free subscription form is toward the bottom of the page.  Be sure to select which Walmart!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment